Age Group Development
- Championships qualification and success at County Level.
- To develop the skills necessary to train and perform at this level and to ensure they have a
sound foundation for the intense training required at the level above.
- To continue to build the swimmers discipline and commitment Level.
- Total commitment to training and swimming as a sport and a desire and commitment to
improve and progress to the next level.
- Swimmers will normally be between 12-15 years (± one year at the discretion of the Director
of Swimming), and be a minimum of County qualifier standard (± 5%) or in the opinion of the
Director of Swimming be capable of achieving this standard within a twelve month period.
At the start of each season swimmers will be selected and invited/re-invited to join the Age
Group Squad (squad) by the Director of Swimming based on: Attitude, Discipline, Long-Term potential, Competition performance.
In the opinion of the Director of Swimming be physically and mentally mature
enough to cope with the rigours and demands of the Squad.
Swimmers may be invited by the Director of Swimming, to join the squad, at other times
during the year, based on the selection criteria above.
It must be understood that there is no divine right to a place in this squad based on any
criteria other than those above.
Squad place maintenance - Swimmers must:
- Continue to show a positive attitude and commit fully to the training and
competition programme by attending a minimum of 80% of the hours available from
the Training Schedule below on a regular basis including attendance at the early
morning session, with the required training kit for the squad1
, kKeep and maintain a
training and competition log book, Compete in focus competitions, and represent
the club in team competitions when selected.
- Continue to compete at County level (± 5%) level or above.
- Compete in all events in the club Championships.
- Abide by the RTW Monson swimmers code of conduct and other squad rules or
conditions that the Director of Swimming may impose.
- Should a swimmer be unable to achieve the conditions required for squad place
maintenance the Director of swimming will discuss with the swimmer what action can be
taken to get the swimmer back on track. If this cannot be achieved a place in the
Competitive Club Squad will then be offered as an alternative.
Swimmers will not be re-invited back into the squad at the start of the following season if
they do not meet the selection criteria outlined above.